- This event has passed.
Spring Color Tour Weekend to Cincinnati
April 13, 2019 - April 14, 2019
Spring Color Auto Tour Weekend to Cincinnati
April 13 @ 11:00 am – April 14, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
Morristown, IN to Cincinnati, OH
Auto Tour, Sat. Kopper Kettle Lunch, Sat. Chart House Dinner and Sun. Taft’s Ale House Lunch registrations still available until Friday, April 12 at: https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/9762
- GPS Start Location Saturday, April 13: Kopper Kettle Inn, 135 W. Main St., Morristown, IN 46161 (19 miles or 1/2 hr. east of I-465 via US 52 E.) 765-763-6767.
- Schedule: Saturday, April 13: 11 AM optional Lunch at Kopper Kettle Inn (separate checks arranged). Restaurant opens at 11 AM.
- Noon: Registration Opens at Kopper Kettle Inn.
- 12:30 PM: Driver’s Meeting at Kopper Kettle Inn.
- 1 PM: First Car Out on 3 1/2 – 4 1/2 hr. auto tour of SE Indiana and northern KY.
- 4 PM: Hotel Rooms available. Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, 10 West RiverCenter Blvd., Covington, KY 41011.
- 6:30 PM: optional Dinner at Chart House Restaurant, 405 Riverboat Row, Newport, KY 41071 (payable in advance only) 859-261-0300.
- Sunday, April 14: 9 AM included Buffet Breakfast at 10 West Restaurant at Marriott.
- 11 AM: Hotel Checkout.
- 11:30 AM: Driver’s Meeting at Covington Landing Circle next to rear hotel parking lot.
- Noon: Caravan to Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum for annual “History in Bloom” Auto Tour.
- 2 PM: optional Lunch at Taft’s Ale House, 1429 Race St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 (separate checks).
- 3 PM: Weekend over with 90 mile/90 minute drive back to I-465 via Interstates.
- Saturday night Chart House Dinner Registrations can still be made until Friday, April 12 with advanced payment at: https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/9762 . See Menu at the bottom of this page. You can still register for the Auto Tour and any other Event Options there until Friday, April 12.
- Hotel Reservations: Make your optional Saturday night reservations by calling the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter direct at 800-228-9290 or 859-261-2900 and ask to be put in the Porsche Club Block on a “space and rate available basis”. They will try to give you the Porsche Club Discount, if still available. So far we have 8 rooms booked with 16 guests staying Saturday night. The dedicated Porsche Club reservation website expired 3/29/2019.
Chart House Restaurant – Newport, KY (See menu below)
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter in Covington, KY
A block of 15 Deluxe King Bed rooms are being held at the Porsche Club discount rate of $189/night for a Water View or $179 for a Standard View at the spectacular Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter in Covington, Kentucky and both include a really nice Sunday Buffet Breakfast for two in their 10 West Restaurant with amazing views of the Ohio River, downtown Cincinnati skyline and historic John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge.
After 3/29 call the hotel direct at 800-228-9290 or 859-261-2900 and ask to be put in the Porsche Club Block on a “space and rate available” basis. They will try to give you the Porsche Club Discount, if still available.
Redesigned Rooms for 2019!
This year we are going upscale for Saturday night dinner again with an optional 6:30 PM dinner at the fabulous Chart House Restaurant in Newport, Kentucky for one last visit and we are going back to the “History in Bloom” event at Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum in Cincinnati on Sunday! If you have never been to a Chart House Restaurant, don’t miss this chance! They are normally only located in resort areas on the coasts and are famous for their fresh seafood, prime rib and premier service. We will have a private dining area with wonderful views of the Ohio River and Mt. Adams with a set menu of 4 entrée choices, salad, choice of dessert, soft drinks, coffee & tea service, fresh breads & chef’s selection of starch & vegetable all for $44/person plus tax, banquet fee & gratuity ($55.50/person total) – payable in advance only at www.ClubRegistration.net. See menu below at bottom. Cutoff date of April 9 for Chart House Dinner Reservations & Advanced Payment at: https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/9762 (Under Event Options)
Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum’s “History in Bloom”
What is “History in Bloom” you ask? Once a year in the spring, Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum (2nd largest cemetery in US) on the north side of Cincinnati, has a special event where docent guides dress up as some of the more famous “residents” of their historic 150 yr. old cemetery. Carriage rides are offered and it is all free plus our auto tour through the hilly and winding roads of colorful flowering trees is not to be missed and they only do it on Sunday, April 14! Spring Grove is one of the most beautiful cemetery/arboretums you will ever visit!
Kopper Kettle Inn, Morristown, IN 2016 Champagne Toast!
The weekend starts off with an optional 11 am Lunch at the very charming Kopper Kettle Inn in Morristown (19 miles or 30 minutes east of I-465 via US 52 East) – famous for pan fried chicken and their $12 Saturday Lunch Special of chicken salad that includes a glass of champagne! Registration opens at noon at the Inn and the required Driver’s Meeting is there at 12:30 with first car out at 1 pm. Three plus hours of some of the best sports car roads and historic German towns in southeastern Indiana ends with optional check-in at the Marriott (rooms available after 4 pm) and optional dinner at the Chart House in Newport, KY at 6:30 pm.
Taft’s Ale House, Over-The-Rhine Historic District, Cincinnati, OH
Sunday starts with the hotel-included 9 am Sunday Buffet Brunch with checkout at 11 am, Sunday Driver’s Meeting at noon with Sunday Auto Tour to Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum for their annual “History in Bloom” event. After Spring Grove, we venture down to Taft’s Ale House for a late lunch at 2 pm in this amazing old German church in the Over-the-Rhine Historic District that has been converted into a brewpub with great beers and food (try the tri-tip steak sandwich!). We should all be done on Sunday by 3:00 pm with only a 90 minute (90 miles) drive back to I-465 and Indy.
Register for the $10/person Auto Tour & Chart House Dinner at: https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/9762. And be sure to sign up for all the Event Options there you plan to participate in, so we can tell the three different restaurants how many to set up for. If you prefer to pay by check, you can mail me a check for both made out to CIR/PCA to:
501 N. Meadow Wood Drive
Muncie, IN 47304
We hope to see everyone in Cincinnati for a fantastic weekend! Go for one day or two.
Bob & Brigitta Snider, Tourmeisters
Questions: email@example.com or 765-284-6189
6:30 PM Saturday, April 14 Chart House Porsche Club Dinner Menu: “The Riverfront Package”
Mixed Field Greens Salad, balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Choice of 4 Entrées:
Lemon Herb Salmon, whole grain mustard sauce
Prime Rib, horseradish cream sauce on side
Coconut Shrimp, citrus chili sauce
Chicken Romano, pan sautéed, plus tomato, lemon shallot butter
Choice of Dessert:
Crème Brûlée, fresh berries
Key Lime Pie, fresh whipped cream
Warm fresh breads & chef’s selection of starch & vegetable
Soft drinks, Coffee & Tea Service
$44/person plus 6% tax, 2% Banquet Fee and 18% gratuity ($55.50/person total) – payable in advance only at www.ClubRegistration.net
Beer, Wine & Select Appetizers available at extra cost