- This event has passed.
Spring Color Tour to Cincinnati
April 29 @ 11:00 am - April 30 @ 3:00 pm EDT$10.00
Cincinnati skyline at night from our hotel rooms!
CIR Spring Color Tour Weekend to Cincinnati April 29 – 30, 2023
CIR’s Annual Spring Color Auto Tour to Cincinnati will again return to Cincinnati this year with optional overnight accommodations at the spectacular, completely newly-renovated Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter in Covington, KY with dramatic views from our rooms of the downtown Cincinnati skyline, Ohio River and historic John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge. Porsche Club Group Discount of $249/night gets you a Deluxe King Bed Room with Ohio River View and includes Sunday Buffet Breakfast for 2 at their 10 West Restaurant. Note: Our private Marriott Porsche Club hotel reservation website expired on April 14, but you can still call the hotel direct at (859) 261-2900, be sure and mention the Porsche Club and they will try to work you into our Porsche Club Room Block. They still had 5 rooms left in our block of 25 rooms as of April 14. Rooms are now on a “space and rate available basis”. I will arrange to have the Sunday Buffet Breakfast included with your reservation.
2017 Champagne Toast at Kopper Kettle Inn – Morristown, IN
German Oldenburg, IN
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter second from right – Covington, KY
The weekend begins on Saturday, April 29 with an optional Porsche Club Lunch at 11 AM at the very charming Kopper Kettle Inn located at 135 W. Main St., Morristown, Indiana 46161 (19 miles or 1/2 hour east of I-465 via US 52 East). Because of our very large group (51 so far!), we have a set menu and you have to choose in advance from the below 3 lunch menu options by Friday, April 21 to me at:
1. Saturday Lunch Special Chicken Salad served on lettuce, topped with toasted almonds, served with fresh fruit, chunky applesauce, potato chips and a fresh muffin and a glass of champagne. $15.95 plus tax & gratuity, payable at the restaurant.
2. Golden Pan-Fried Chicken (lunch serving), creamy whipped potatoes, Hoosier-style creamed gravy and country seasoned green beans. $18.95 plus tax & gratuity, payable at the restaurant.
3. Vegetable Plate. $14.95 plus tax & gratuity, payable at the restaurant.
All above include tossed salad with choice of homemade dressing, fresh-baked dinner rolls and apple butter, ice cream sundae, water, iced tea or lemonade. We will be seated in their Terrace Room and an adjacent room.
On-site Registration opens at Noon on Saturday at the Kopper Kettle Inn with a required Driver & Navigator’s Meeting at 12:30 PM on their covered Patio and First Car Out at 1 PM on a 150-mile (3 1/2) hr. Driving Tour of some of the best sports car roads in Southeastern Indiana, historic German towns (including a stop in very German Oldenburg) and some of the best restaurants in the tri-state area. We finish around 4:30 – 5:30 PM in Covington, KY to either check into our hotel rooms at the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter or head on over to the Hofbrauhaus in neighboring Newport, KY for a Porsche Club Group Dinner at 6:30 PM. The Hofbrauhaus Newport is owned by the world-famous Hofbrauhaus in Munich, Germany and serves their same famous HB lager beer and German menu specialties along with many other popular American foods on their extensive menu. This year we will be seated inside in their Stube Room and there will be live entertainment by their in-house German Band in the Bier Hall next door!
Newport, KY Hofbrauhaus Bier Girl Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum – Cincinnati
Taft’s Ale House – Cincinnati
Sunday, April 30 will start with an included (for hotel guests) Porsche Club Buffet Breakfast at the hotel’s 10 West Restaurant anytime from 7 – 10 AM with hotel checkout at 11 AM. Sunday Driver’s Meeting at 11:30 AM in the coned-off Bus Lane in front of the hotel on RiverCenter Blvd. (line cars up facing West) and leaving at Noon for a 1 – 1/2 hr. Driving Tour of the beautiful Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum on the north side of Cincinnati. It is the second largest cemetery in the US. All their champion flowering trees, shrubs and flower beds should be in full bloom on our hilly, 6 1/2-mile winding drive around several lakes thru the 450-acre Arboretum. They have more lakes than any cemetery in the US, several fountains and a waterfall, plus many large elaborate architectural family mausoleums. After the auto tour we will retire to Taft’s Ale House (a very unique converted German Evangelical church) in the German Over-the-Rhine Historic District of Cincinnati for a late lunch at 2 PM. They are famous for their tri-tip steak sandwiches and grilled alehouse onions. The weekend should end around 3 PM with only a 101-mile (90 minute) all-Interstate drive via I-74 back to I-465 and Indianapolis.
The Auto Tour for the weekend costs $10/person and includes a printed schedule, map & route instructions along with the costs of putting together the weekend. All meals are on your own with separate checks arranged. Register below for the Auto Tour in the Tickets Box by changing the “O” to the number in your party and clicking on “Get Tickets” to go to our PayPal page to pay via credit card. You will receive an email confirmation from both CIR and PayPal, if your registration is successful. And be sure to make your hotel reservations now for a great Porsche Club weekend!
Dress Code for the weekend: Casual both days.
See you in Cincinnati in late April! Go for one day or two!
Bob & Brigitta Snider, Tourmeisters
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-760-2579 cell. Please send me an email and let me know whether you and your guest want either Chicken Salad, Fried Chicken or the Vegetable Plate for the Saturday, April 29 Lunch at 11 AM at the Kopper Kettle Inn in Morristown, IN by Friday, April 21.
Kopper Kettle Inn GPS: 135 W. Main St., Morristown, IN 46161. (765) 763-6767. Opens at 11 AM Saturday, April 29. Park free in lot west of restaurant.
Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter GPS: 10 W. RiverCenter Blvd., Covington, KY 41011 (859) 261-2900. Park in pay garage behind hotel and enter off Madison Ave.: Self-Park $12/24 hrs. or $1.50/hr. (No in/out privileges) or $30/24 hrs. Valet Parking in front of hotel drive-up with free in/out privileges.
Newport Hofbrauhaus GPS: 200 E. 3rd St., Newport, KY 41071. $5 to self-park in adjacent lot or park across street in covered public garages, if adjacent lot is full. No Valet Parking.
Event Roster: (periodically manually updated) as of 4/28/2023
Names/City Sat. Lunch CS/FC/V Sat. Dinner Hotel Sun. Lunch
- Bob & Brigitta Snider/Muncie 2 C. Salad 2 1 2
- Ken & Joan Rabbers/Carmel 2 CS 2 (1)-other
- Larry & Pam Clarino/Westfield 0 2 1 0
- Richard & Becky Rutkowski/Fort Wayne 1 CS, 1 FC 2 1
- Arthur & Dawn Lukowski/Noblesville 2 CS 2 1
- Tony Smith & Sandy Powell/Indy 2 CS 2 1
- William “Jay” & Jacqueline Abbott/Carmel 2 CS 2 1
- Bill & Karen Hardwick/Columbus 0 2 (1)-other
- Glenn & Sharon Kotnik/Zionsville 2 CS. 2 1
- Patrick & Marcy Molter/Westfield 1 CS, 1 FC. 2 1
- Carlton & Nicole Harter-Bale/Carmel 1 CS, 1 Veg 2 (1)-Points
- Koji & Yuri Okamoto/Zionsville 2 FC 2 1
- Roger & Jan Brinkman/Columbus 1 CS, 1 Veg 2 1
- Gary & Meg Hoke/Brownsburg 2 CS 2 1
- Murray & Penny Bartel/Warsaw 1 FC, 1 CS 2 1 2
- Brian & Melinda Inniger/New Paris 1 CS, 1 Veg 2 1 2
- Aron & Robin Dellinger/Warsaw 1 CS, 1 FC 2 1
- James & Tonya Yoder/Elkhart 2 FC 2 1
- Jeff & Jennifer Westbrook/Indy 2 FC 2 0
- Brian & Gail McRoberts/W. Lafayette 2 CS 2 1
- Doug & Kathy Mongomery/Frankfort 1 CS, 1 FC 2 1
- Rodney & Schroeder/Westfield 1 CS, 1 FC 2 1
- George Halleck & Sharon Stewart/Yorktown 2 CS 0 0
- Fred & Maureen Greulich/Fishers 1 CS, 1 FC 2 1
- Craig Shireman & Stacey Adams/Greensburg 2 FC 2 0
- Roger & Melissa Wilson/Greenwood 2 CS 0 0
- Geovanni Rivera/Fort Smith, Arkansas 1 CS 1 (1)-other
- Totals: 27 Cars, 53 Attendees 49 Lunch: 31 CS, 15 FC, 3 Veg Dinner: 49 Hotel: 20 + 3
53 people are attending Spring Color Tour to Cincinnati